Sunday, October 2, 2011

PULSE Contemporary Art Fair

Flipboard is probably the only reason I pick up my iPad lately.
While browsing through the app this past weekend, I found out about PULSE LA.
A 3-day event showcasing contemporary artworks in Los Angeles.
I suggested to Amado that drag ourselves, including our guest Will (his high-school friend 
visiting from SF) to hop on the Metro and check it out.

Izama Kaoru's Kimura Yoshino wears Alexander McQueen (right)

"Hanauma Bay Series" by Masami Teraoka
Obviously Amado's favorite.

"Dirty Movies Project" by Harley Swedler
I love this installation. Each ipad was playing a video of the artist lip syncing
 to a very unexpected selection of songs. It wasn't until you pop on the headphones that you will find out what song he was listening to. I think it was the idea that someone captured it
on video while most of us only uninhibitedly sing when we're alone is what made me enjoy it the most.

by Gina Phillips

"Italian Travis"

"A Sense of Distance" (left) by  Keisuke Shirota
Two of my favorites from the fair. Photographed scenery extended on canvas (acrylic).

Amado and Will lounging on the inflatable chairs.

I so want those big balloons!

"Little People" by Slinkachu
I've seen his work on MyModernMet. Nice to finally see one in person.

"Studies on an airship ride" by Kiel Johnson

I want that Kate Moss photo (top right)! Not sure if its also by Chuck Close. 
He had one at the Beauty CULTure exhibit at Annenberg Space for Photography.
"Two and a half somersaults forward" by Alex Massouras (bottom left)
by Fernando Rascon (bottom right)
*edit* Top right Bodyscapes by Angelo Musco

"Trust No One" by Dan Tague



Looking forward to catching this again next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

);