Monday, July 11, 2011

I Wasn't Fast Enough

I have to admit that last week's shoot with the Bells had me a tad bit more nervous than usual.
Directing the people I photograph is a constant learning experience for me.
I usually try to read their personality and observe the way they move, off and in front the camera.
I try to talk as much (sometimes too much) to distract them from being self-conscious.

That morning, I anticipated multiple scenarios since I was going to be working with a toddler.
Kyzer was very elusive when it came to being photographed.
And that was definitely a challenge for me. Every second counted.
I was talking to Emilie while taking a break from shooting and 
turned around to check how Amado was doing with Stella.
That same second I caught Kyzer doing his "dance".
But I wasn't quick enough to catch more of it.

I know this photo can be criticized in so many ways but I love it.
It's soft on the focus, but I held my finger from hitting that X button while editing.
I had to keep it.
It goes back to a post that I did a couple of weeks ago.
I want my photos to tell a story. 
That one short second, he was Kyzer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

);