Thursday, October 21, 2010

Mock Wedding Shoot (Revisited)

I promised myself to say "Yes" more this year, as long as its to something reasonable.
I say I'm shy although others can strongly argue against that but I wanted to get used to directing subjects more.
I tend to freeze up and lose my ideas ones faced with subjects.
I guess thats why most of my photos are candid, less pressure that way.
I'm not really sure if wedding/engagement is the route I'll be taking my photography to but
I want to be able to say that I've experience the process at least once.


The set is from a mock wedding shoot we did back in September.
Bruce staged the whole setting, more like provided everything including the models.
It was a great experience for me. Met great folks that I would love to work with again some day.
I felt less pressured since its only a mock and I didn't have to worry about actually ruining someone's special day.
I definitely made mistakes while shooting but very glad that I'm able to recognize what they were.
Its just a matter of remembering not to do it again if and when the opportunity to shoot a wedding comes along.

A few stills from that day.






and a slideshow of the rest..
(Oh fancy huh! I just wanted to throw in the slideshow since I barely learned the feature from Flickr)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks! Hopefully the same thing will happen when I shoot my cousin's engagement photos.

    ReplyDelete

);