Thursday, May 2, 2013

Eggs In A Basket - The Trails Cafe Recipe

After going for a 24 mile bike ride yesterday morning, I thought I'd take it easy and prepare something quick and simple for breakfast. A few seconds of glancing inside our fridge and I saw I had the ingredients I needed to make a dish I saw on The Selby (one of my favorite sites). Then it changed from simple to a very extensive task.

So what was meant to be a quick fix meal turned into a whole messy set up for a photo. I posted a snapshot on my Instagram. I will stage food photos even if it's only for Instagram. Hey, it's either you give it your all or don't do it at all! Behind the white reflector is a whole lotta mess I made just to prepare the shot. The kitchen sink is a whole different story.

Amado and I have been to The Trails Cafe in Griffith Park years ago and I don't remember their menu being as pleasant as it is now. Then again we weren't really the nature/outdoors type at that time and we complained about our allergies the entire hike. We'll have to plan a weekend hike with the girls (Juku and Kami) one of these days and check out the cafe.

This egg in a basket is really savory, with pesto sauce and parmesan cheese on top. Like The Trails Cafe recipe, I made the pesto without pine nuts. It's the one item I didn't have in our kitchen and they are expensive as hell!


No comments:

Post a Comment

);