Monday, December 6, 2010

Food for the Gods

Someone "suggested" I try to tackle making Food for the Gods, also known as Ambrosia.
By suggested, I mean sent me an email with the recipe and said make it. Amado, *cough*..
For some reason this pastry has a holiday feel to it but don't make the mistake of
comparing it to fruit cake.
VERY VERY VERY DIFFERENT!!!
If made correctly, the pastry should be chewy and moist, not heavy like a cake.
The sweetness should just be enough and not over power the dates.

It was easier to make than I thought.
And its making me want a stand mixer even more. 
Ahem Santa.. 
Well maybe get me a Canon 5D Mark II first then a KitchenAid in Imperial Black please.



Gotta jazz it up a bit so I picked up a container from the store and brought it over
to our friends house when we had brunch.
I love how my friends will eat anything I make even if it screws up their diet.
Can you say sabotage?!



10 comments:

  1. WOW!!! Will you start selling Food for the Gods? Looks good, making me crave for it now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I don't think I can handle making enough to sell em. Just making them to give away for the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks DELISH! i've never tried it before but now you make me want to!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, It's very easy to make!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, and if you haven't seen it enough on flickr, i miss you on lj! lol :O)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww thanks G,I try to pop in once in a while but my friends page is not active for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do you have a recipe to share? Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Adventuress. Sent you a message.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Adventuress. Sent you a message.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW!!! Will you start selling Food for the Gods? Looks good, making me crave for it now.

    ReplyDelete

);